Patient Care Technician
The Patient Care Technician program at Providence Training Institute prepares you to work in a hospital, Emergency Rooms and Urgent Care Centers. Our Patient Care Technicians are trained at a very high clinical skill level and makes them very prepared for gainful employment.
- Class: 80 Hours
- Externship: 160 Hours
Skills and Practices Learned
The program covers extensive instruction including but not limited to:
- Blood Collection (Phlebotomy)
- Electrocardiograms (EKGs)
- Bladder Catheterization
- Wound Care
- Respiratory Care
After successful completion of the classroom and laboratory training, students will partake in a clinical externship at an accredited hospital and Urgent Care center to develop their skills and get a real world experience. Providence Training Institute provides the externship sites but students must be flexible as regards externship schedule. This could vary according to the established schedule and needs of your assigned location.
Program Tuition: $1,950
- PCT Workbook
- One Scrub Top
- PCT Textbook
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current Healthcare CPR Card
- TB Skin Test or Chest X-ray within 9 months
- Hepatitis B vaccination x 2
- MMR & Varicella Immunization Record
- Drug Test (Random and Externship site request)
- State issued Identification
Visit our Online Store to purchase what you might need for your requirements.